THE ANIMAL WELFARE HEROES COMPETITION 2023
Enter January 1, 2023 – February 15, 2023
More than $2,500 in Prizes to be Awarded
Hosted & Sponsored by The Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc.
The Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals will again accept nominations for the second annual Animal Welfare Heroes Competition 2023. The competition recognizes individuals who have contributed to improving animal welfare and saving homeless animals across South Georgia and North Central Florida. The competition will begin on January 1, 2023, and end on February 15, 2023, at noon.
The competition honors numerous individuals in Animal Rescue. The top three winners will choose the nonprofit 501(c)(3) animal welfare organization they wish to receive their prize money. In exceptional circumstances, the Burton Fletcher Foundation may allow other unorganized and organized organizations to receive the prize money at the Foundation’s sole discretion. Each nominated animal welfare hero and their animal welfare selected organization will be listed on the foundation’s website at www.BurtonFletcherFoundation.org. All nominations and votes must be submitted on the foundation’s website.
The foundation also reserves the right to nominate exceptional local animal welfare heroes and reminds all participants that each nominee is already a winner who deserves community recognition. Everyone wins each time a homeless, unwanted animal is saved and adopted, and more animals are spayed and neutered.
Just by participating, all nominees and their chosen nonprofit animal welfare organizations will benefit from extensive community recognition and publicity. An independent panel of judges, and Burton Fletcher, the president, and director of the Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc., will evaluate nominations and select winners. Burton Fletcher, in this and all contests is the final arbiter. His decisions are not subject to appeal.
No purchase is necessary to nominate or to win.
Please note that prior winners of this contest are ineligible for the top three first-, second-, and third-place honors for two years following their win; however, previous winners are eligible to win any other available awards during this time.
We have included a list of eighty-eight possible (but not exclusive) awards in a separate tab below. Please scroll down to the brown tab immediately below to view the entire list. A directional arrow signifies Current Winners. Follow the link to review all potential rewards. Due to financial constraints, the recipients of these additional awards will receive an appropriate certificate concerning the award, or awards, that the participant may win.
1. First Place Award
2. Second Place Award
3. Third Place Award
4. Leadership Courage Award
5. Entrepreneurship Courage Award
6. Volunteerism Courage Award
7. Animal Rescue Donor Award
8. Animal Rescue Educator Award
9. Animal Rescue Fundraiser Award
10. Animal Rescue Grant Writer Award
11. Animal Rescue Promoter Award
12. Animal Rescue TNR – Trap, Neuter, Release Hero Award
13. Animal Rescue Transporter Award
14. Animal Shelter Courage Award
15. Animal Welfare Advocacy Award
16. Animal Welfare Communications Hero
17. Animal Welfare Communicator Award
18. Betty White Philanthropy Award
19. Corporate Rescue Support Award
20. Government Animal Welfare Hero Award
21. Honorable Mention Award
22. Longest-Serving Nonprofit Animal Rescue Organization Award
23. Most Dedicated Volunteer Award
24. Most Effective Animal Shelter Award
25. Most Improved Animal Shelter Award
26. Nursing Home Animal Rescue Award
27. Outstanding Animal Rescue Educator
28. Outstanding Animal Rescue Financial Manager
29. Outstanding Animal Rescue Leadership Award
30. Outstanding Animal Rescue Lobbyist
31. Outstanding Animal Rescue Promoter
32. Outstanding Animal Rescue Safe-Trapper Award
33. Outstanding Animal Rescue Transportation Coordinator
34. Outstanding Animal Rescue Volunteer Attorney Award
35. Outstanding Animal Shelter Award
36. Outstanding Animal Shelter Volunteer
37. Outstanding Animal Welfare Public Services Officer Award
38. Outstanding Corporate Animal Rescue Support Award
39. Outstanding Rescue Dog Trainer Award
40. Outstanding Government Animal Welfare & Rescue Agency
41. Outstanding New Nonprofit Animal Rescue Organization
42. Outstanding New Rescue Group
43. Outstanding Nonprofit Animal Welfare & Rescue Organization
44. Outstanding Public Services Officer
45. Outstanding Puller From Animal Shelters Award
46. Outstanding Puppy Rescue Hero
47. Outstanding Rescue Activity Manager Award
48. Outstanding Rescue Adoption Coordinator
49. Outstanding Rescue Attorney Volunteer
50. Outstanding Rescue Cash Flow Manager
51. Outstanding Rescue Donor
52. Outstanding Rescue Foster Parent
53. Outstanding Rescue Fundraiser
54. Outstanding Rescue Grant Writer
55. Outstanding Rescue Group
56. Sparkplug Award
57. Outstanding Rescue Lobbyist
58. Outstanding Rescue Promoter
59. Outstanding Rescue Transporter
60. Outstanding Rescue Trapper
61. Outstanding Rescue Veterinarian Award
62. Outstanding Rescue Veterinarian Donor
63. Outstanding Rescue Veterinarian Volunteer
64. Outstanding Spay & Neuter Veterinarian
65. Outstanding Veterinarian Spay & Neuter Hero
66. Outstanding Rescue Volunteer of Money
67. Outstanding Rescue Volunteer of Time
68. Outstanding Resource for Locating Lost Animals Award
69. Outstanding Senior Dog Hero
70. Outstanding Shelter Medical Coordinator
71. Outstanding Shelter Rescue Coordinator Award
72. Outstanding Shelter Volunteer Award
73. Outstanding Transport Coordinator
74. Outstanding Trap, Neuter, Release Hero
75. Outstanding Vetting/Medical Coordinator
76. Outstanding Volunteer Financial Support to Animal Rescue Award
77. Outstanding Volunteer of the Year
78. Outstanding Volunteer of Time to Animal Rescue Award
79. Outstanding Wildlife Rescuer Award
80. People’s Choice Award (Most Votes!)
81. Public Support Award
82. Puppy Rescue Hero Award
83. Rescue Animal Foster Parent Award
84. Rescue Leadership Award
85. Senior Animal Shelter Award
86. Senior Dog Rescue Hero Award
87. Shelter Courage Award
88. Shelter Courage Volunteer
PLEASE FILL AND FOLLOW THE CONTEST RULES BELOW
Burton Fletcher, the judges, the foundation’s directors, and the Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc. have complete discretion over whether to grant the awards above. Burton Fletcher shall make the final determination regarding all awards and prizes.
Contest nominations are accepted on January 1, 2023, until the competition ends on February 15, 2023, at noon.
Internet access and email address are required for participation.
This South Georgia and North Florida competition is subject to all federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
The contest is open to legal residents in the South Georgia Counties specified on www.BurtonFletcherFoundation.org, plus the North Florida Counties of Hamilton, Suwanee, Madison, and Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees, immediate family, or household members of The Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc., or its affiliated entities are not eligible to enter.
How to Nominate:
Visit www.BurtonFletcherFoundation.org to nominate and see complete nomination, voting, and rules information. The website includes extensive information and ways to donate, sponsor, adopt, foster, and support the foundation’s work to save homeless animals across South Georgia and North Central Florida. The foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and all donations are tax-deductible.
All nominations must include the name, organization (if applicable), and email address of the nominated person and the nominator on the entry form submitted on the foundation’s website. Entries missing any required information will be disqualified.
- In 1,000 words or less, describe why your nominee is the Animal Welfare Hero for 2023. The nomination document should tell the complete story of a nominee’s activities and contributions to animal welfare to help or save homeless and unwanted animals.
Any person may submit unlimited nominations of individuals who meet the nomination requirements. Nomination details can be changed through midnight of February 14, 2023, before the final day of the competition. Before submitting a nomination, please coordinate with any nominee to complete the entry fully and accurately.
The nomination document should tell the complete story of a nominee’s activities and contributions to animal welfare to help or save homeless and unwanted animals. Specific examples and details are essential and increase a nominee’s chances of winning a prize and award certificate. Extensive community publicity and promotion are additional benefits to nominees in this contest.
The use of automated systems or multiple nominations is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The foundation is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, false, or misdirected nominations.
Nomination & Judging Criteria:
After the nomination deadline, February 15, 2023, at noon. The judges and Burton Fletcher, founder, and president of the Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc., will evaluate all eligible nominations. Judging will be based upon these criteria: successful animal welfare activity, rescue, or adoptions of homeless, unwanted, or abused animals or those in other critical situations, grant writing, sponsorships, donations, fostering, volunteering, communications, and other significant support efforts.
Voting percentages may be considered but do not determine results.
How to Vote:
Visit the foundation’s website at www.BurtonFletcherFoundation.org to vote.
Anyone can vote, and no nomination or purchase is required. Individuals may vote up to five (5) times, but only once for each nominee.
- On the Nomination Form on the right side will be a tab for nominated entrants. Click on the tab to review each hero who has been nominated.
Prize money totals will be announced when all donations and sponsorships have been received, with a minimum of $1,500 to be awarded to the top three winners. We hope we will have numerous winners who will receive smaller awards. All winners will receive a certificate.
One (1) First Place Animal Welfare Hero Competition Winner receives a minimum of $750.00 for their chosen nonprofit animal welfare organization.
One (1) Second Place winner receives a minimum of $500.00 for their chosen nonprofit animal welfare organization.
One (1) Third Place winner receives a minimum of $250.00 for their chosen nonprofit animal welfare organization.
Other winners may be named and receive donated competition funds, although the amounts cannot be guaranteed until all donations and sponsors are finalized.
Each winner’s prize money will be awarded to their chosen nonprofit, which is normally a 501(c)(3) animal welfare organization, per the competition rules, within four weeks after the end of the competition and the announcement of the winners. Except for the $1,500.00 , which is guaranteed, amounts of prize monies cannot be guaranteed as this depends on donors and sponsors.
Some winners will receive prize money for their chosen 501(c)(3) animal welfare organizations. We may even have surprise awards, dependent upon donations from the community. Governmental entities are not eligible for cash awards but are eligible to receive non-cash awards.
Prize recipients are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt.
There is a limit of one competition winner per person or nomination submitted for the top three prizes, though individuals may earn more than one award for subordinate prizes.
By entering the competition, participants grant the foundation all permissions necessary and royalty-free to display, post, publish or broadcast in all media or otherwise use the submitted nomination information for promotion and marketing. This includes, but is not limited to, property, copyrights, trademarks, or other rights in materials or other items.
Submitted information should not be offensive, threatening, defamatory, or libelous. Nor should it contain offensive, violent, indecent, sexual, abusive, or discriminatory content, not in compliance with the community-oriented nature of this competition.
Submitted information must not contain material that infringes upon, infracts, or misappropriates any law or regulation or the rights of any third party. It must not violate any publicity rights, privacy, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
Participation in the competition constitutes full and unconditional agreement to all rules, including the judges’ and sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning and receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all contest requirements.
The top three winners of any Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc. competition automatically become ineligible for the top three prizes for the next two years. Past winners are eligible for other awards. This rule applies to past and future competitions.
Competition winners will be notified by email at the addresses provided on the entry form. If a prize winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first contact attempt, or the prize is returned as undeliverable by mail, the prize is forfeited. The sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another nominee.
The Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc. will fulfill prizes within four weeks after the contest’s conclusion on February 15, 2023, at noon.
The sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the competition if necessary or disqualify any individual who violates contest rules.
Release and Limitations of Liability:
By participating in the competition, nominators and nominees agree to release and hold harmless the sponsor and affiliated entities, free from any claim arising from participation.
Any claims regarding the validity or enforceability of the contest rules, rights, and obligations of nominators and nominees or the sponsor shall be governed in Valdosta, Georgia, and by the State of Georgia and U.S. laws Federal Laws.
Collection & Use of Personal Information:
Entry into the competition constitutes agreement to the sponsor’s collection, use, and disclosure of the nominator and nominee’s personal information submitted on the entry form. Information includes but is not limited to names, addresses, photos, likenesses, and statements for publicity and marketing.
Thank you for supporting animal welfare in our community and participating in this competition to recognize and honor The Animal Welfare Heroes of 2023.
We are a 501(c )(3) corporation, and contributions are tax-deductible.
The Animal Welfare Heroes 2023 Competition
Hosted by The Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc. http://www.BurtonFletcherFoundation.org
Copyright © 2022 – 2023 Burton Fletcher Foundation for Animals, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.